Many UK nationals dream of retiring in the sun. Whether it is to sunny Spain, peaceful Portugal or fascinating France, it is important to ensure that your retirement income is protected. Unfortunately, many UK expats do not understand what happens to their pension when moving abroad. They miss out on key planning opportunities and can be stung by mistakes.
Failure to plan for retirement overseas can carry a cost, and leave us worse off in our later years. Join us as Jonathan Ralph, Senior Associate at Holborn Assets Spain, explains the key issues at play. You’ll learn how to maximise the opportunities available to you as an expat, and arm yourself with the knowledge to avoid common mistakes.
- What are my options for accessing my pension as an expat?
- What are QROPS and International SIPPs?
- Should I transfer a UK pension to the EU or leave it where it is?
- What are the tax implications that I need to be aware of?
- The most common pension planning mistakes, and how to avoid them
Webinar Speaker: Jonathan Ralph
Senior Associate at Holborn Assets